Doctor Teeth's 101 in 1001

Yet another one of those mildly interesting 101 in 1001 lists. From the guy who brought you Doctor Teeth's Electric Mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Just a guy trying to cope with the dual pressures of being a known smartass and having entirely too much on my mind.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Six Months Past: Things Change

So, it's been six months or thereabouts. I'm a bad person for doing stuff. What have I done to cross things off this list?

#7. Graduate SPA program, with thesis. (Progressing.) Finished my last practicum on November 24, 2006; just have thesis to do now. Working on it.

#19. Get back to a size 40. (Progressing.) I lost just about 20 lbs. since September, by cutting out 500 calories out of my diet a day and walking a lot more, including up and down stairs. I haven't cut out all fatty deliciousness; chips and dip, cheesecake, and pie all exist, just in smaller quantities less frequently. It's not a diet, it's just a minor change in lifestyle that's a bitch to keep up. I'll keep working, because I'm still not at that pants size, but I'm definitely smaller. Keep working, Doc!

#34. Eventually complete NaNoWriMo (yeah, right.) (Completed November 30, 2006.) Somehow, in the last month of my practicum, with training for Autism assessment tools, I managed to write 50,000 words in 30 days. As my supervisor said: "I don't know how you manage to do everything you do," and while I could say that about her too, I don't know how I managed to do it either. The proof is in the internets.


#80. Take an unplanned one-day road trip. (Completed September 3, 2006.) Peach and I went to Edson. It was not a whole lot of excitement: drive for 2.5 hours, go to a graveyard, eat at a crappy restaurant, go for a hike at Wabamun Lake, go home. We know how to do it better now, and I'll try again when I have my custom-made "Road Trip Kit".

#85. Finish Scribbler,
if only just to have it done with. (Progressing.) My NaNo novel was Scribbler, the book I've had in my head for nine years (two goals in one; I'm sneaky like that), so I have 50,055 words of it written. It's not good, but it's moving through, and even though I've tried to write it a number of times over the years (this would be attempt number four) and I think I have a good handle on the story, I like some of the minor changes I've made so far. Some look like they're heading into big changes, but the backbone's still there. Now it's just time to see if I can keep writing it when it's not November any more.

Between this and my 43 Things page, I'm actually doing...very poorly. But I am trying. So I'm sorry, Doc of the Past, for not being able to get through your list. But really, you were a little unrealistic when you were writing it. I'm just doing my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home