Doctor Teeth's 101 in 1001

Yet another one of those mildly interesting 101 in 1001 lists. From the guy who brought you Doctor Teeth's Electric Mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Just a guy trying to cope with the dual pressures of being a known smartass and having entirely too much on my mind.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

#38 - Best / Favourite Lists

After entirely too much analysis, editing, and formatting - I even have pie charts and percentile counts - I have finished creating my Favourite 100 Movies I've Seen, 60 CDs I Own, 15 Books I Own, and 25 Graphic Novels I Own. Why did I do this? For two reasons. One, I like making lists. It relaxes me to devote time and attention to stuff that doesn't matter; it's the same reason people like to collect things or follow professional sports. Two, I needed to know which things I own I could get rid of, if I needed to, and still keep the things that were the most important to me. I know you're not supposed to judge yourself by what you own; I've never bought into the "Most Toys" t-shirt philosophy. But my view of the world has been shaped by the things I've read, heard, and seen, and these are the touchstones that remind me of what I've done so far and who I've been along the way.

That was entirely too much reflection on what was a very meaningless task. Nevertheless, I am now able to scratch one more off the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home