Doctor Teeth's 101 in 1001

Yet another one of those mildly interesting 101 in 1001 lists. From the guy who brought you Doctor Teeth's Electric Mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Just a guy trying to cope with the dual pressures of being a known smartass and having entirely too much on my mind.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Pull the bandwagon over for a sec.

I came across this first through Xeryfyn, and then through a few of the other sites I visit. I immediately wanted to start one of these lists: I'm a big fan of making lists, sometimes because I make them and then behave as though I've actually done what's on the list. Because I'm lazy, you see.

But I made a promise that I'd be a good little bandwagon-jumper and make this list - AFTER my exam week. And, since it's the first official day of reading week, here it is. A list of things to do and who to do it with. I'll be done Monday, November 19, 2007. I'll be twenty-eight. Scary.

My 101 in 1001: (edited for privacy and to protect the innocent)

1. Make and keep up to date the following lists: movies I've seen, books I've read; movies, books, comics, and cds I own.
2. Make a list of the 101 films I haven't seen but should.
3. Read no less than 30 books a year that I've never read before.
4. Record and produce a Kow album.
5. Become knowledgeable about basic computer maintenance and junk.
6. (personal)
7. Graduate SPA program, with thesis.
8. Visit Rock and Roll hall of fame with at least 7 rolls of film; try and recreate the "Tour of The Tyrell Museum" fiasco.
9. Visit Grandma in Montreal with Peach.
10. Own a piano / keyboard OR an acoustic guitar.
11. Own the other one.
12. Get a picture with Peach.
13. Go on a train ride in the Canadian Shield.
14. Do as much Europe as I can handle.
15. Get basic carpentry skills.
16. Learn to play the saxophone.
17. Get Transmetropolitan in trades
18. Memorize 10 knitting patterns.
19. Get back to a size 40.
20. Memorize 20 drinks, 5 of which Peach likes.
21. Finish L5R Epic.
22. Take Peach camping again to show that I can, indeed, be a happy camper.
23. Stop hitting the goddamn snooze button.
24. Go to a shooting range.
25. Try to find one sporting activity that I actually enjoy participating in.
26. Finish Apocalypse Kow: Behind The Music script.
27. Go to a wine tasting tour in B.C.
28. Get three nice outfits, hopefully ones that can mix and match.
29. Get a car.
30. Learn how to do minor maintenance to make sure that car doesn't fall apart.
31. Finish my Spong books to get a handle on my beliefs.
32. Write a manifesto of belief and update it as need be (every year or so, unless you have an epiphany).
33. (personal)
34. Eventually complete NaNoWriMo (yeah, right.)
35. Pay off VISA.
36. Write poetry again. I'd like to put a min limit on it, but I'm afraid that'll be forcing it out if it's too much: once a week for at least two months?
37. Learn enough HTML to make my own look for the Blog.
38. Cull book, movie, and cd lists from #1 to make "All-Time Greatest" lists; 25 or 50 items, depending on original list.
39. Finish Angel Season 5 with Ninja and Jago.
40. Go to Sundance Film Festival.
41. Get a digital camera and learn how to use it well enough to make nice pictures.
42. Get a cat.
43. Start a savings plan.
44. Go to New York. Try not to be annoying tourist. Fail
45. Own a bar-be-queue and not be afraid to cook on it.
46. Learn to drive a manual transmission automobile.
47. Make a book that I can fill with quotes I find amusing.
48. Write 5 true-life essays.
49. Do another one of the "Stay Up All Night Creativity Binges" before my metabolism completely implodes.
50. Go to Comic Con International.
51. Write a letter to Raj about how / if he is an awesome MLA.
52. Write a letter to Rahim about how / if he is a terrible MP.
53. Get a tattoo. I have many ideas, but it's gotta be after I achieve #19.
54. Track down copies of all the JALTCO and MYP plays I can get on tape.
55. Go a week without coffee.
56. Get an iron and an ironing board.
57. Get a french press for truly inspired caffeine creations.
58. Smoke 5 "Excellent" or "Superior" cigars from my cigar book.
59. (hedonism / debauchery)
60. Make a chore schedule and stick to it for 2 months.
61. Read "Infinite Jest".
62. Organize my three closets of terror.
63. Do a "5 pound steak" challenge. Fail miserably.
64. (hedonism / debauchery)
65. Catch and prepare a fish.
66. Go to a different church service every Sunday for a month, trying to figure out exactly what I need.
67. Finally watch Seven Samurai.
68. Get all my Magnetic Poetry out of their boxes and on metallic things.
69. Hold a piano recital.
70. Try and see each of my brothers once a month away from other family members.
71. See Gwyn and Xeryfyn every month.
72. Go to Muddy's with Vicki every week.
73. Get all the necessary hardware to prepare loose tea.
74. Re-paint Peach's ugly old chest of drawers.
75. Finish EarthBound - when I get my SNES back.
76. Perform a long-overdue spring-cleaning on my drawers and knickknacks.
77. Write a letter to someone in Montreal every month.
78. Go bowling and attempt to enjoy myself.
79. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
80. Take an unplanned one-day road trip.
81. Go get another massage from Lloyd.
82. Make my own turkey and stuffing.
83. Get some comfy slippers.
84. Take a dance class.
85. Finish Scribbler, if only just to have it done with.
86. Get a cd burner.
87. Visit Mac and Jo (and all the other people who made their way over there) in Vancouver
88. Take the MENSA exam. Try not to cry.
89. Go to Scotland and England; look up aunts and cousins.
90. Go to the Maritimes; swim in Atlantic ocean.
91. Take a second-language class (not French).
92. Learn basic ASL.
93. Try snowboarding.
94. Make Vanilla vodka.
95. Write a song. A relatively good one.
96. Start a garden. Even if it's an "on the patio because I don't have a backyard" garden.
97. (hedonism / debauchery)
98. Make 15 drinks from my martini book.
99. Write fan mail to Rachael Ray (swoon).
100. Get to 35 reviews on IMDB.
101. Learn to say "Yes, I am a grapefruit" in ten languages. REMEMBER them.

It's an oddly boring list, but I'm oddly boring. So it's a nice fit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Je suis un pamplemousse'' is I am a grapefruit in french,I think. (Unsure of the spelling!) Hope that helps!

September 06, 2009 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home